Saturday, November 13, 2021

Book trailers that can't be ads

I made these book trailers using the free site FlexClip. Each took me less than one hour to make. 

My idea had been to use the trailers in ads on TikTok, Facebook, Google Ads, and Instagram. Because of the swastikas on the novels' covers and the fact that the word 'Nazi' appears in the ads' description, my ads were rejected out of hand. I appealed, explaining that the novels are historical and are not pushing a neo-nazi agenda. I told them my books are well-researched, have been used in schools and book clubs, and are 'clean reads' for young readers. 

It didn't matter. The computer algorithm labeled the ads as containing 'hate speech.' The humans I spoke with said they couldn't do anything to change that label.

So I'll share them here in the hopes that you'll enjoy them and share them too! 














No comments:

Post a Comment