Friday, November 16, 2018

Lessons in patience

I can patiently wait for certain things to happen in their own time - plants to flower, children to grow, Christmas to come. Other things, not so much with the patience. Traffic gridlock. Injustice. Sweet-talking politicians.

And computers.

When the little spinning thing I call the wheel of death tells me to wait while something loads, I ask it - Now what are you doing? Why are you taking so long? Yes, I really say that as my husband will verify.

So imagine my frustration in trying to get the print version of The Path Divided uploaded and ready to go. Inconsistent directions, file errors, and worst of all, a beautiful cover which, when seen on Amazon's thumbnail, looks as if it was covered in fog.

I'm trying hard to be patient as I work to correct these problems and get this project out into the world. I want to share what I've learned with readers, to take their hearts away from people who did wrong and focus on those who try to do what's right. That's what I try to do with all my writing.

Here's hoping I have the patience to make this work!


No comments:

Post a Comment