On Facebook, one of the writer-support sites I follow is holding a 'six-word memoir' contest. I've seen these before - the objective is to actually summarize your life, your philosophy, lessons learned, whatever, in just six words. I've also seen contests for 'six-word stories.' Probably the most famous of these stories is by Ernest Hemingway. "For sale: Baby shoes. Never worn." Tells the whole, horrible story, right?
I enjoyed reading some of the submissions. Some evoke a clear mood:
- I do not belong here people!
- I left a million dollars in...
- I told you I was ill!
Others were clever:
- Your memoir using only six words.
And still others took the philosophical approach:
- I am a child of God.
- Evolving, one word at a time.
- Support laughter, challenge growth, create faith