Sunday, July 15, 2012

Photos and Pinterest and Problems, oh my!

I've been a member of Pinterest for a few months, but I haven't done much with it. The other day, I read an article in Writer's Digest about one author's experience in using Pinterest to create a board of her fictional character's clothing. She then provided a link on her website to the Pinterest board so readers could see the items for themselves.

So I thought - hey, I could do that for my novel Risking Exposure set in 1938 Nazi Germany.. I already had photos of Munich on this blog. Why not pin them to a new Pinterest board and add other photos I got through my research trip to the Library of Congress and several historical websites? Voila ~ the Pinterest board called Sophie's World was born.

To add to the collection, I pinned a photograph of a section of my reference bookshelf


as well as my 1930-era camera that served as my reference for Sophie's own.

Simple, right? Until I tried to link the Pinterest board to this blog. I created a link, but can't get the Pinterest logo to appear, not even after a dozen attempts. ~Sigh~
I'll figure it out again another time.

In the meanwhile, click on the link at the top of the right hand column to enjoy Sophie's World.



No comments:

Post a Comment